Erasmus+ project: TrainIoT
Educate and Train emerging Challenges: Internet of Things
The project has a duration of 30 months. It starts on 1 st December 2016 and ends on 31 st May 2019.
The project is addressing the EU objective VET: Enhancing access to training and qualifications for all through the C-VET and horizontal objective Open and innovative education, training and youth work, embedded in the digital era. Research around Europe and our consortium experiences have shown that practicing teachers in VET organizations are not applying emerging technologies like Internet of Things, Cloud computing or remote robotics in their study process. Furthermore, in most VET organization teachers are even not familiar with these technologies. In the other hand this sector advances very fast and it is argued that next big leap in ICT is a merge of electronics / electrical devices and cloud computing which is know as Internet of Things concept. Europe faces drastic loss of expertise and skill in the future in global market if these technologies are not applied into VET school programs as soon as possible.However a teacher as a key persons for starting to educate today's students don'thas good resources suitable for schools to start this process. The main objective of TrainIoT is to provide a complete kit for VET schools.
Overall objectives of the project are as followings:
- Provide easy-to-use and easy-to-teach modular IoT kits for VET schools scaling also higher educational institutions
- Offering an open IoT broker platform that can be hosted on premise. To this platform IoT components and web based services can
be registered too, offering simple chains of conditional statements controlling other registered components / services
- increasing the involvement of VET schools in emerging technologies by providing teachers training (blended learning through
MooCs and presence) in IoT
- Providing open learning material for IoT education in class
- The project idea is to offer an innovative Internet of Things (IoT) teaching and learning package for vocational education
incorporated with teacher trainings modules and an open broker platform.
Project intellectual outputs are foreseen as following:
- VET training curriculum modules
- An ECVET leant curriculum module for VET schools to apply teaching of Internet of Things to ICT education
- IoT Teaching methodology and MOOC material
- A massive open online course with educational material for teaching IoT in class
- IoT starter kit - Microcontroller based hardware kit for teaching IoT related technologies
- IoT Broker System - A (cloud) computing based system to mediate IoT functionality
- Publications about TrainIoT innovations - Article published in open access journals about the results and outputs of TrainIoT
Download project flyer – front page
Download project flyer – back page