This product is a carrier board or breakout board for TI’s DRV8834 low-voltage stepper motor driver; we therefore recommend careful reading of the DRV8834 datasheet (2MB pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil (see the Power Dissipation Considerationssection below for more information). Here are some of the driver’s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 2.5-10.8 V supply voltage range
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground, short-to-supply, and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects (see the bottom of this page for more information)
This product ships with all surface-mount components—including the DRV8834 driver IC—installed as shown in the product picture.
|Size:||0.6″ × 0.8″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||2.5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||10.8 V|
|Continuous current per phase:||1.5 A2|
|Maximum current per phase:||2 A3|
|Minimum logic voltage:||2.5 V4|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V4|
|Microstep resolutions:||full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
- Without included optional headers.
- Without a heat sink or forced air flow.
- With sufficient additional cooling.
- This driver does works with 2.5 to 5.5 V logic. It does not take an external logic power supply